Welcome you little visitor, you

Here at Balls and Bumble Tatts, we are believers in everything related with balls and tattoos....fake ones....that you may not recall getting. So kick off your shoes and stay for a while. When you're here, you're family. We guarantee it.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What We're Listening To Wednesday

WELCOME BACK!

Dear Devoted Followers,
We are terribly sorry that we have so selfishly dropped the ball with our blog posts for Monday and Tuesday. Our schedules have been so full with spreadsheet creation and unnecessary project management  that we couldn't get away to make an update. However, today is the day that we put a stop to this non-sense.

As an official apology, we give you this extra Wednesday wet-your-whistler. No explanation needed.
Ma$e- Welcome Back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiDctS2QdpE


A: Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Ghetto Cowboy
I must admit, this song was mentioned yesterday by MK and instantly brought a smile to my face. Mainly because there was a period of my life, between 6th and 7th grade, when I knew the entire rap. It's taken about 3 listens to "hop back on the saddle", but I'm now confident that I can add this to the list of songs I could use in any rap battle. In doing a little background research, I discovered that one amazon.com user rated this song (on a scale of 1-10) an 11 for being "unearthly pleasurable". I - for one - second that emotion. Since the song's release in 1998,  I haven't found a song that's made me want to grab a pistol and strap on a pair of boots quite like this song - even Will Smith's "Wild, Wild, West" doesn't hold a candle. My one complaint? You can't download this treasure on itunes. Whoever it is over there at Apple that made the call to not include this on the top sellers list is simply a rootin-tootin-shootin-damn-fool. Just try it. Take a listen and prepare to be delighted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIDZnifqkX8

MK: Natasha Bedingfield - Touch
Not sure if I actually really like this song, I think it's just more of the story of how it appeared on my iPod.  After a day of an all-day-drink-a-thon at Chicago's Food & Wine fest, then proceeded to meet some friends at the tail end of a Badger Trolley Crawl.  After being rejected from going up the Double Deuces escalator in Wrigleyville for wearing gym shoes and rainboots, we shimmied over to Red Ivy, the self-proclaimed trendiest bar in Wrigleyville.  Music videos were being played along with the tunes they went along with, which I tend to get distracted by quite easily, and this little gem of a Natasha B song came along, which I had never heard of.  A few days later, I receive an iTunes receipt and it happens to be for the Natasha Bedingfield song, entitled Touch.  I listen to it and suddenly, memories flow back to the self-proclaimed trendiest bar in Wrigleyville.  All I know is that if Natasha B had a party, I'd definitely need to an invite.  She provides bags full of alcohol and chocolate chip cookies. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOa4axPVHEc&ob=av2e

No comments:

Post a Comment