Welcome you little visitor, you

Here at Balls and Bumble Tatts, we are believers in everything related with balls and tattoos....fake ones....that you may not recall getting. So kick off your shoes and stay for a while. When you're here, you're family. We guarantee it.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What We're Listening To Wednesday

A: Color Me Bad - All for Love

There are a lot of times when I forget about a song, hear it playing as background music in a Target after several years, and convince myself that somehow there is a reason it has found its way back into my life. That's exactly how I feel about this song. When you hit shuffle on an ipod song list of approximately 3,458 songs, and this is the first one to come up, you know that fate has brought you together. Therefore, this must be my Wednesday jiz-am. Plus, I dream of the day my future husband will serenade me (smooth, awkwardly-deep voice included) with lyrics like these:

Yo-Come here, sweetheart
I want you to know something all right
See everyday in my life without you
would be like a hundred years
The distance between us
An ocean of tears
See all the things I do for you
Are for love-- dig it

Oh, I do dig it. I do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrkNK6XDGF0

MK: Katrina and the Waves - Walking on Sunshine
 
This little gem is the ultimate happy song.  To quote my pal, who I will call Squirrely, it's such a great song to put some pep in yo' step.  It can turn any rainy day into one filled with sunshine and happiness.  You can't be sad when listening to it!  Even Gonzo, Clifford, and Rizzo the Rat covered this song in their Muppet Beach Party album and was recently featured in Glee with a mash-up of Beyonce's, Halo.  However, I remember is most fondly from the 1989 classic, Look Who's Talking.  Originally debuting with a re-recording in 1985 (damn good year), it has been a staple on mixed tapes, playlists, cd's, youtube streams, iPods, and oddly enough, advertisements.  Fun fact:  the song continues to generate royalties for the band, raking in an average of $1 million/year, up to 2010.  Even though it didn't top the charts in either the U.K. or the U.S., it remains a classic in all of our hearts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment