Welcome you little visitor, you

Here at Balls and Bumble Tatts, we are believers in everything related with balls and tattoos....fake ones....that you may not recall getting. So kick off your shoes and stay for a while. When you're here, you're family. We guarantee it.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Trick or Treat Thursday

Double trouble, boil and bubble. It's bingo day today in the office and you know what that means (ok, we know you don't) - it's a Trick or Treat Thursday - X2!

Football jersey day in the office: Trick or Treat?

An unsuspecting Jersey wearer in her cubicle
FACT SHEET:
- Inaugural day for jersey day at our office:  Thursday, September 15, 2011.
- In round 2 of bingo, pretty sure they announced a team that does not exist.
- A whopping 5 of 60-ish employees participated in Jersey day.
- In addition to light snacks, there's high hopes for a keg to arrive later.

RULING: Trick
A: Jersey? "Shore", I said as I read the company email which contained an overwhelming amount of football clipart images from Microsoft Word 2004. My excitement for this day was only heightened as my team met for a cini-bun breakfast yesterday and discussed full team participation. Well, joke was on us. As if the looks on the walk to work weren't enough, I think I saw a bingo chip being launched towards my face in outrage. I haven't felt this low since I actually showed up in pj's at my High School's 'Pajama Day' during homecoming spirit week only to find out that it was no longer cool to participate in school sponsored activities. But alas, nothing can hold this down. Clear eyes, full hearts, where's the booze?

MK: Jersey Day at the office sounds awesome.  Especially since it's a Thursday and not even a game day, well at least not for an acceptable team - sorryboutcha NC State.  Various members of my team and I were talking about this event today, which also involves Bingo.  It was a no brainer as to whether or not to participate and instead of a handshake, we high-fived.  Maybe even woo'ed.  Needless to say, we were pretty pumped.  We arrive at our normal start times, none of which are the same, and realized no one else was wearing a jersey, except for our team members.  We have obviously been tricked.  This is not a trick that I'm ashamed of though since I am able to proudly display my fond affection for the University of Iowa.  As I type, I'm still awaiting my prize of an iPad2 for my displayed team spirit....and that one better not be a trick.

X2 - Old Navy College Apparel: Trick or Treat?

FACT SHEET:
- Store name descends from a dark blue color that is the opposite of young.
- S tore attempts to put out a product a year to focus on and hopes it spreads like wildfire with the American public. None have caught on. Catch a hint.
- Except for the tech vest in 1999. Those were awesome. A owned one in orange.
-Once did their advertising in-house. This explains a lot.

RULING: Trick. Double Trick. Trick Daddy.

A: First Old Navy used mannequins as people for their advertising, and now they put out affordable college team apparel for men, women, and children? No third strike is needed, Old Navy is out. While I enjoy a good ON find every once in a while, this is a travesty I cannot stand for. And has anyone seen the commercial for this line? A video of myself dancing to 'single ladies' with an iron-on t-shirt would be more entertaining. Good grief and good riddance.


MK: This is such a trick that I can't even come up with anything witty to talk about.  Who is the genius that authorized this sham of a retailer to use their logo as some type of degenerate promotion?  Do they really want people sporting their gear of their cherished team that involves holes?  Because let's be honest with ourselves, most of Old Navy's clothes get holes.  Holes in your game day/team apparel might be okay if you go to that sham of a higher education institution named Ohio State - The Ohio State University.  Just ask Tressel. 





4 comments:

  1. While the limited participation in Jersey Day can at first glance be seen as a trick, I, my friends, vote TREAT all the way. If for no other reason than when a team member (who shall remain nameless), commented that she liked my jersey, and went on to ask if today was the "football thing" day. I also think that you have both overlooked the graphics in the Halftime, Snacktime annoucement. Stellar.

    Clear eyes, full cup, let's booze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After Halftime, Snacktime has been changed to Start of 3rd Quarter, Snacktime the graphics have lost their edge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A & MK...wow, you really out did yourselves today and gave me a lot to think about while i should have been working...but if i wanted to be working i wouldnt be reading your delightful blog.

    First I have to say that a jersey day at work, bingo or no bingo, i pad or no ipad, is always a treat, unless your friend in the picture is wearing a michigan jersey...then we know that is a trick...a very bad trick as michigan fans are...well...ill leave you with this link and it will explain everything

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01Kz6Rw99Kk

    Getting back to the point though... i think you are both to quick to judge the old navy tshirts. While you are correct A, they're advertising is embarrassing at best...i think we can all remember the day when performance fleeces ruled the fashion scene and made Morgan Fairchild look good while singing that catchy little diddy "Performance fleece? ooh it's fine,performance fleece? ill be there at nine" An you know what, i always looked fine when i arrived at nine (in my performance fleece).

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I do not personnally know the stunning, unsuspecting, jersey wearer, I must come to her defense as a fellow BBT follower! While I understand there may be some frustrations as some must settle for a lesser institution, however, I'd hoped that this blog would be a welcoming forum for all views.

    ReplyDelete