Welcome you little visitor, you

Here at Balls and Bumble Tatts, we are believers in everything related with balls and tattoos....fake ones....that you may not recall getting. So kick off your shoes and stay for a while. When you're here, you're family. We guarantee it.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Trick or Treat Thursday

Pumpkin Spice Latte's (PSLs): Trick or Treat?

A bumper stick for most stay-at-home moms.
Excited patron at SB noticing the PSL is back. We don't know her, but we're guessing she's a treat.

FACT SHEET:
- Starbuck's best pick-up line: "When it's time to fall back into fall, sweet and spicy pumpkin is sure to please".
- 380 calories for a grande. That's a little grand. Eh?
- The current world record for biggest pumpkin ever is a massive 1,725 pounds. (Imagine this fact being said in an Arnold Schwarzenegger voice. Not sure why. Just do it.)
- No actual pumpkins are harmed in the making of this drink.

RULING: Trick

A: Since the beginning of time, I've never been a die-hard Starbucks enthusiast. I know...most people gasp at the thought of that sentence. I think my hold up is between the beverages that cost as much as a meal, the secret language you're required to know the instant you walk in the place (no whip, double foam, one pump syrup, two shots in the head.....please and thanks), and the SB addicts who idolize the mermaid on the cup like she's freaking Princess Ariel. The only thing that tickles my Tuesday about this place is the paraphernalia they sell. Who'd pass up the opportunity to buy a clear insulated tumbler that actually looks like the plastic cups they give you in the store?  The marketing is groundbreaking. I must admit....I've never actually tried a PSL, but I still rule this liquid nightmare as a trick because of one reason: FACEBOOK. Fall rolls around, and it's suddenly every girls' cue to post a mobile upload of the SB cup as if they have accomplished something great for the day. Here's the deal: ya haven't. I know it's fall, I know we're all excited, and I know you'd like to jump into a sweater and curl up by the fire. But please, does the world need to know that the highlight of your day was created by a green-aproned guy named Rufus? No. The answer is always no.

MK: Pumpkin Spice Lattes:  Known to the Starads (Starbucks addicts) as PSL's, are quite tricky.  I've been known to indulge myself in these little lattes, but over the years, they'e become a staple in the mornings of many pseudo-hipsters, mainly of the female gender.  Before I go into further explanation of this trickiness, let me just reiterate the fact that I, too, join the ranks of many and get a PSL....once in a while.  The main trick here is the constant Facebook comments and mobile uploads of said folks with their PSL's.  We get it.  It's fall.  Weather is getting cooler, leaves are changing color. There's no need to fill up a newsfeed with your posts or comments about your latest and greatest coffee treat. Trick's on you for spending $6 on a coffee. 


No comments:

Post a Comment